2 small sweet potatoes (11.3oz), peeled and chopped into medium chunks
4 eggs, whisked
2 tablespoons coconut flour
1 teaspoons cinnamon, plus more for sprinkling
1 teaspoon maple syrup, plus more for topping
Coconut oil or coconut spray, for cooking
- Peel the sweet potatoes and dice into medium cubes. Fill a saucepan with about 2 inches of water cover and bring to a boil ( if you have a steam basket you can place in the bottom of the pot). Drop the sweet potato in and steam for about 10 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork.
- Strain the sweet potatoes and transfer the steamed sweet potatoes to a bowl and mash with a potato masher or a fork.
- Add the whisked eggs into the bowl with the sweet potatoes with the coconut flour, cinnamon, and maple syrup. Using a whisk, whip the mixture until it is fully incorporated.
- Melt coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat (or spray).
- Once the pan is hot, using a ladle or a ¼ cup measuring cup pour pancakes in the skillet.
- Cook each side about 3-5 minutes or until browned.
- Divide pancakes onto plates and sprinkle with cinnamon and maple syrup. Enjoy!