1 avocado, peeled + pit removed
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
½ tablespoon lemon, juice
1 teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1 cup baby spinach, chopped
4 slices gluten free bread, toasted
- Place eggs in a pot of cold water, bring to a boil, then simmer for 5 minutes. Take off the heat and set aside, let eggs sit in the pot for another 5 minutes then run under cold water to cool. Peel the eggs and chop roughly.
- In a bowl, mash the avocado and the chopped eggs. Mix in the dijon mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Then gently add in the chopped baby spinach.
- Spread onto toast or enjoy with crackers and enjoy!
- Can top with crushed red pepper and/or hemp seeds.
- Store in a mason jar or air tight container, squeeze lemon on top and store in the fridge for up to two days.
- Can use spicy brown mustard or stone ground mustard
- Peeling the eggs when warm will help make it easier!