We’ve all been there—you have 30 minutes until dinner time, you open the fridge and…you have no idea what to make. That’s when the panic happens, and you start scrolling through Seamless and Grubhub.
Meal prepping is designed to eliminate the stress of mealtime and simplify decision-making. It’s a huge game-changer when it comes to elevating your healthy habits. Here are five of our tips to make your weekly meals easy and healthy.
- Don’t forget breakfast. We often think of dinner when we think of meal prep. However, knowing your breakfast is all set up for the next day can make a huge difference. A big batch of chia pudding or egg cups are a few favorites.
- Wash and prep. If you have time after you get home from the grocery store, wash and chop everything before putting it in the fridge. Not only does this save time, it ensures you have veggies on hand for everything from stir-frys to mini-meals.
- Marinate and grill. Marinating meat or poultry overnight in batches can bring out the most flavor. Try different marinades with everything from garlic to ginger. The next day, throw them on the grill and enjoy them in chopped salads or with veggie kebabs.
- Repurpose leftovers. We love throwing protein and leftover veggies on our salads the next day. It’s a no-brainer for a healthy next-day lunch.
- Invest in good storage containers. Make reheating and clean-up easy. Choose glass containers that are microwave and dishwasher safe. Prep proteins and veggies in advance, put them in containers and enjoy during the week for easy meals!
Do you love to meal prep? Share your meal prep photos and tag us @sarahwraggewellness.