First things first, what is CBD?
It is the second most active ingredient in the cannabis plant and is also found in cannabis’s cousin, the hemp plant. Be assured CBD should not be confused with THC, which is the first active ingredient of marijuana, famously known for triggering a high state. CBD does NOT induce a high.
CBD affects the body’s central nervous system, which is why it is often associated with stress relief.
It’s no wonder CBD has taken the wellness industry by storm; it has many health benefits. It can be taken orally or even used topically for a variety of reasons.
Benefits of CBD:
- Anxiety - studies have shown it can help reduce and alleviate anxiety and the effects stress has on the brain.
- Sleep - helps you fall asleep and stay asleep.
- Chronic Pain - when applied topically or taken orally, people see improvement in their pain levels.
- Epilepsy/Seizure Disorders - doctors often prescribe CBD to these patients.
CBD comes in a lot of forms, but some of SWW’s™ favorite ways to incorporate it are the following:
- Tinctures before bed for optimal rest
- Gummies during the day to alleviate and manage stress
- A CBD-infused bath bomb for stress relieving self-care that also combats muscle aches.
CBD can be a great addition to your daily life, but like any other supplement, please make sure to consult a doctor before using it in any form, especially if you are taking any medication.