½ cup dry Quinoa
½ cup black beans (about half a can)
1 large (14oz) sweet potato, sliced
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1 cauliflower (about 1 cup), cut into florets
2 cups packed baby spinach
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- In a large bowl add sliced sweet potatoes with 1 teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon black pepper, and 1 tablespoon avocado or olive oil. Toss to coat the sweet potatoes.
- Add sweet potatoes to a baking sheet. Place in the oven and roast for 15-20 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are tender.
- In the same large bowl add cauliflower florets with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon blacken seasoning or taco seasoning blend. Add cauliflower to a baking sheet and roast for about 15-18 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the quinoa according to directions on the package. Once done cooking, keep covered and set aside.
- Once sweet potatoes and cauliflower are done cooking, start building the bowl.
- For each serving lay 1 cup spinach at the bottom of the bowl/plate, add ½ cup cooked quinoa on top, ¼ cup black beans, top with cauliflower + sweet potatoes.
- Top with desired dressing or sauce.