3 banana medium, ripe, mashed
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup all natural peanut butter, divided
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup cacao powder
- Preheat the oven to 375°F . Line a muffin tray with liners or spray with oil.
- Whisk together the mashed banana and eggs. Using a hand mixer or a whisk.. Slowly whisk in the maple syrup and vanilla until well combined.
- Next, add the melted coconut oil until an even consistency is achieved. Add the salt and 3/4 cup of the peanut butter. Continue to mix, then add the baking soda and baking powder. Slowly add the cacao powder. Continue to mix until a thick pancake-like batter is achieved.
- Fill each muffin liner with the batter, about 1/3 cup each. Add the remaining peanut butter onto the top of each muffin and if desired.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until muffin tops are just firm. Remove from the oven, allow to cool in the muffin tin for 10 minutes before removing. Enjoy!