One thing we can all agree on is great skin is always in. We at SWW™ firmly believe a beautiful glow comes from a combination of what you put in your body and what products you use on your face. We’ve put together the secret sauce for achieving the complexion you’ve been looking for.
Beautiful Skin Starts From Within:
The first step to getting the skin of your dreams is taking inventory of what you put into your body. There are plenty of ways to improve your skin health before you even reach for serums and moisturizers. Your skin is your largest organ, so of course, nutrition plays a crucial role in how it functions and ultimately appears. Like most other aspects of wellness, it all starts with hydration. Upping your water intake will significantly improve the appearance of your skin. Other things to consider adding to your internal skincare regimen include collagen, Omega-3, fat-soluble vitamins (A, D, E, and K), Vitamin C, antioxidants, and protein. These don’t just have to come from supplements, either. Omega 3 is in fatty fish such as Salmon and Tuna. Citrus is an abundant source of Vitamin C. For a boost in antioxidants, try adding in some berries to your diet or amping up your greens. All of these will help improve skin cell turnover, elasticity, and fight against environmental factors such as UV damage.
Things To Avoid:
It’s no secret that certain habits have a direct impact on how your skin looks. Cutting back on sugar, alcohol, refined seed oils, smoking, and sun exposure will all greatly benefit the health of your skin. These are all linked to unpleasant things like lowered skin elasticity, increased wrinkle production, inflammation, tissue damage, and premature aging.
Sarah’s Knockout Skincare Routine
Now that we’ve primed your skin for optimal health, let's push things over the edge with Sarah’s favorite skincare regimen. Get your glow on with the help of SWW™ favorites from Knockout Beauty.
- Cleansing Lotion: to wash the face of impurities.
- Toner: spray on face post cleansing.
- Serum: use vitamin A and vitamin C-rich serum (fun fact: both of these vitamins have great benefits when taken orally as well as used topically).
- Moisturizer: apply a generous amount to create an effective moisture barrier.
- Sunscreen: SPF will help guard you from UV damage.
- Hyaluronic Acid: this is perfect if you notice your skin feeling or looking dry.
- Colostrum Gel: apply this for those days you feel extra stressed, or your skin needs an extra boost.
We’d love to see your beautiful faces after using our tips and tricks. Tag us on Instagram with the SWW™ skincare tip that’s impacted you the most!